What information is collected
- American Time and Labor Company and its affiliates limit the collection of personal information to the information that we need to administer and improve the Site, to provide our products and services (“Services”) to our customers, and to fulfill any legal and regulatory requirements.
- • Contact information to allow us to communicate with you.
- • Employer information, including financial and bank account information, to provide the Services.
- • Employee information, including social security number, date of birth, financial, bank account, biometric, geolocation, medical and beneficiary information, to provide the Services.
- • Credit, debit, or cash/payment card information if used, such as for billing.
- • Credit or debt history regarding your creditworthiness or credit history.
- • Employment history and application information that can be used to determine eligibility for a job opening via our recruiting module.
The categories of personal information that we collect may include, but are not limited to:
How personal information is collected
- We do not require you to provide any personal information in order to have general access to the Site. However, in order to access or use certain information, features or Services at the Site, you may be required to provide personal information. Personal information is primarily collected:
- • When you utilize the Services, we obtain from you the information we need to provide the Services.
- • From applications, forms and other information you provide us on the Site.
- • When you establish an account, or an account is established for you at the direction of your employer, to receive Services.
- • From survey information and/or site registration.
- • If you provide us with comments or suggestions, request information about our Services, or contact our customer service department via phone, email or other forms of communication.
- • From consumer and business reporting agencies regarding your creditworthiness or credit history.
- • From third parties to verify information given to us.
How personal information is used
- We use the information provided on the Site to perform the Services you request. We limit the collection of personal customer information that we need to:
- • Facilitate customer requested Services, transactions, investments, distributions and benefits.
- • Provide superior service to our customers.
- • Comply with legal, reporting and regulatory requirements.
- • Administer and improve our websites.
- • Detect fraud or theft to protect our business and client information.
- • Contact you with information on Services, new Services or products, or upcoming events.
- • Facilitate applicant tracking and recruitment.
Your California privacy rights
Under California Civil Code 1798, California residents with an established business relationship can request information about sharing their personal information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like more information, please contact your service provider.
Parties With Whom Information May Be Shared
- Information is shared to facilitate the Services needed in order to properly and efficiently handle duties related to your account. We may share information with:
- • Government agencies to fulfill legal, reporting and regulatory requirements.
- • Attorneys, accountants and auditors.
- • Credit reporting agencies to supply vendor references on client’s behalf.
- • Our employees, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, agents and third-party service vendors to perform Services related to your account, to offer additional Services, perform analysis to determine qualification to receive future services or collect amounts due.
- • Banking and brokerage firms to complete payroll processing and securities transactions.
- • Credit bureaus and similar organizations, law enforcement or government officials. We reserve the right to release information if we are required to do so by law or if, in our business judgment, such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process, in a fraud investigation, an audit or examination.
As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event relating to all or a portion of our business, assets or a Site, Personal Information may be part of the transferred assets.
How to Access and Correct Your Information
Keeping your information accurate and up-to-date is very important. You can review or correct your account information by contacting a customer service representative. If you have an account at the Site, you can make changes to your account information after you login to the Site from your PC or wireless device and using the online tools. Note that some information changes may be done by or have to be done through your employer.
Changes to This Privacy Statement
This statement may be revised from time to time due to legislative changes, changes in technology or our privacy practices or new uses of customer information not previously disclosed in this Statement. Revisions are effective upon posting and your continued use of this Site will indicate your acceptance of those changes. Please refer to this Statement regularly.
If you have any comments, concerns or questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact your service provider.
Service providers, subcontractors, agents, partners and related third parties
We sometimes hire other companies to perform certain business-related functions. Examples include mailing information, hosting and/or maintaining databases and processing payments. When we employ another party to perform a service or function, we may need to provide them with access to certain Personal Information. In that event, we only provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific service or function. American Time and Labor Company is accountable for any Personal Information that it receives from you and subsequently transfers to a third party, in accordance with applicable privacy law. We remain responsible if a third-party that we engage to process Personal Information on our behalf does so in a manner inconsistent with applicable law, unless we can prove that we are not responsible for the activities or circumstances giving rise to the claim.
We also may share information with third party partners who resell our products and services and/or provide value added services. We may offer solely or jointly with third parties, webinars, white papers, or other services related to our offerings or services. We may share your contact information and product interest in these offering or services with third parties to communicate with you.
We may also disclose your Personal Information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend our rights or property, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of a Site or the public, or (iv) protect against legal liability.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If you are under thirteen, please do not submit any Personal Information to American Time and Labor Company. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided Personal Information to American Time and Labor Company, please contact us, and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
Links to Other Websites
Our Sites may frame or contain references or links to other websites not owned, operated or controlled by American Time and Labor Company, and their privacy policies may differ from ours (the "External Sites"). American Time and Labor Company is not responsible for the privacy policies and procedures of External Sites and the privacy policies and procedures we describe here do not apply to External Sites. We recommend that you read and understand the privacy policies of External Sites.
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect the Personal Information provided to American Time and Labor Company from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from American Time and Labor Company may not be secure. Therefore, you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Information to us or our service providers electronically. Users of our Sites and online services are responsible for maintaining the security of their passwords, user name or ID or other form of authentication needed to access to secure areas or services. We may suspend your access to a Site or one of our services, without notice and pending our investigation if a security breach is suspected.
If you apply for employment at one of our customers through an American Time and Labor Company hosted web site, Personal Information about you will be collected by the employer and American Time and Labor Company for use in connection with the application, interview and employment (on-boarding) process. This information may include but will not be limited to your name, physical and e-mail address, other contact information, social security number (social insurance number is not collected in Canada), prior work history, and other background information. This information will be used by the employer and American Time and Labor Company for purposes such as assessing your suitability for employment with the employer and its branches or affiliates, conducting background investigations, verifying information about you, conducting applicant and employment-related statistical evaluation and record keeping, to comply with legal obligations or as reasonably necessary or advisable to defend or enforce the legal rights or business interests of American Time and Labor Company , its users, customers or affiliates, or for such other purposes as are identified at or before the time of collection of the information or to which you consent from time to time. In the course of the application process, this information may also be disclosed to others such as companies engaged to perform background investigations or to verify the accuracy of the information contained in your application, to government agencies evaluating the application process, to third party vendors who assist the employer in performing its business functions. This information is also subject to disclosure as may be required by law. American Time and Labor Company may also disclose Personal Information to insurers or to legal, financial, and other professional advisors or in connection with a reorganization, sale, merger, change in control, transfer of assets, or other business transaction.
Tracking information about visits to American Time and Labor Company hosted sites, referring sites, and unique identifiers associated with completed employment applications may also be shared with third party advertising vendors retained by the employer to measure advertising effectiveness. American Time and Labor Company hosted sites do not alter behavior as a result of 'Do not track' settings in web browsers, but do not collect information about a user's browsing habits over time other than the referring site and activity on hosted sites.